July 19, 2011

"TRUST HIM"

Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

A little girl walking in a garden noticed a particularly beautiful flower. She admired its beauty and enjoyed its fragrance. “It’s so pretty!” she exclaimed. As she gazed on it, her eyes followed the stem down to the soil in which it grew. “This flower is too pretty to be planted in such dirt!” she cried. So she pulled it up by its roots and ran to the water faucet to wash away the soil. It wasn’t long until the flower wilted and died.

When the gardener saw what the little girl had done, he exclaimed, “You have destroyed my finest plant!”

“I’m sorry, but I didn’t like it in that dirt,” she said. The gardener replied, “I chose that spot and mixed the soil because I knew that only there could it grow to be a beautiful flower.”

Often we murmur because of the circumstances into which God has made us to go into  it. We fail to realize that He is using our pressures, trials, and difficulties to bring us to a new degree of spiritual beauty. 


One night recently, I was settling down into my bed to read Bible before sleeping, and guess what I was doing? Worrying, of course. About everything and nothing. And I felt God’s still, small voice comfort me and say, “If you are worrying, then you are fearing. If you are fearing, you are not trusting Me.”

I sat on my bed for a second and tried to pray...but I wasn't!!!. I always thought, I had an awesome sense of trust in God. I really did. When things went crazy, I would always have a peace. But having peace didn’t mean that I was trusting.

The powerful creator is stretching me and making my heart bigger to understand the things that I wish for. God is teaching me everyday in different ways to "TRUST HIM" and "Him only" ! "Even when I walk through the Darrrrkest valley, your rod and your staff comfort and protect me"...Psalm reminds me!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment