April 6, 2011

Bald Eagle

Eagles....!!! Takes me to the memories of my childhood life at Nagai,  where we have seen lot of eagles in the sky....but it flies way up high. If I can remember, I would say we even had a chance to view the eagle nest(no baby birds!) up close at the top of a clock tower. Eagles are large birds of prey and they are one of the largest and most powerful birds in the world. The eyes are on the side of the head and eagles are said to have the keenest sight of all. Up close, eagles look fierce and proud. 

The bald eagle has white feathers on his head and is not really bald, the white just makes him look bald. This bald eagle, I ended up with after copying the outline. This sketch needed a lot of patience and I spend four hours to complete this in two days. It was those powerful eyes and blasted feathers which made me to fiddle long. Few portions look different than the real sketch. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment